Some welding specifications, like AWS D17.2, require tensile testing sample specimens to qualify the machinery.
A typical weld specimen is 1″ wide and 4″ long. The overlap is typically 1″, making a welded specimen that is 6-7 inches in length. A single weld of common material thickness typically will not exceed 5000lbsf of tensile strength. (Exceptions of course exist).
Here are two common tensile tester options: 0-5,000lbsf tester, and 0-10,000lbsf tester.
If your specific application requires compression (or “push-out”) testing, please let us know when you are shopping.
TT2 Tensile Testers by Fischer Engineering
- Meets ASME, AWS Codes, Meets MIL Standards
- Calibration (ASTM E4) traceable to NIST Standards (Digital Readout Version)
- 5000 lb. Maximum load +/- 1% Accuracy (Digital Readout Version)
- 300 lb. Minimum load +/- 1% Accuracy (Digital Readout Version)
- Integral hydraulic system
- Grips specimens up to 0.125 x 1.13 inch section
- Digital readout of live and peak loads
- Auto zero of digital readout
- 31″H x 7″W x 4″D (Tester; ); 6″H x 4″W x 14″D (Pump), 34 lbs.
- Basic Tensile Tester with Hand-Operated Pump and Digital Readout Option: $4,790*
- Can be ordered with an air operated or electrically operated pump option
- Can be ordered with hydraulic force gauge instead of electronic, saving around $1,000 (accurate to +/- 3%)
- Not to be used with specifications that require crosshead speed adjustment
*pricing subject to change, freight not included, please inquire for current pricing
10,000 lbf Capacity United Speedy Tester
Model LCH-10, Table Top Hydraulic Tension and Compression Testing Machine
- Tension Testing Opening (Less Tooling): 30″
- Compression Testing Opening (Less Tooling): Compression Cage Req’d
- Distance Between Columns/Screws: 7.5″
- Testing Stroke: 4.75″
- Testing Speed (Lbs/Min): 100 – 20,000
- Crosshead Adjusting Speed (IPM): 4
Approximate Overall Dimensions:
- Load Frame (WxDxH) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .25″ x 14″ x 52″
- Approximate Weight (Lbs): . . . . . . . . . . . 160
- Electrical Requirements (V,Hz,PH):. . . . . 120, 60, 1
- New Basic Pi Peak Load Indicator for Live Load Display and Peak Load Detection at End of the Test * United 10K Capacity Load Cell
Options (must choose grips):
- Pi Model XS with GageSafe Software for Live Load, Peak Load, Loading Rate, Live Stress, Peak Stress, Storage Capabilities and Statistical Analysis.
- One (1) Set of two 10K Capacity Pneumatic Wedge Grips with Flat Inserts and Mounting Hardware
- One (1) Set of two 10K capacity wedge grips with flat inserts & mounting hardware
Often available refurbished in the $10k-12k price range.