Combination Press Projection Welders
Press Spot / Projection welders use the same round arm design as the Press Spot welders, but have a lower knee like the projection welders. This gives you the versatility of a Press Spot, and the simple setup of a Projection welder.
Combination Press Spot / Projection welders differ from Rocker Arm welders in that the upper ram comes down in a linear fashion. With a Rocker Arm style welder, the welding electrodes effectively rotate into place. A Press Spot is ideally suited for fasteners and studs, because of this linearly descending action.
Some instances where a Combination Press Spot / Projection welder excels:
- Reaching into tight spaces, but with higher required electrode force
- Welding studs or weld nuts
- Projection welding (for heavier projection welding, see Projection Welders)
- Frequent tooling change-overs are necessary
Spot Weld, Inc. offers two sizes of press spot welders, to optimize size and expense.
The CPP is our full size model press, RWMA size “2”.
- 24″ standard throat depth (can be ordered from 12” – 36”)
- 75KVA standard with 21kA max short circuit amperage; (can be ordered with 30-150KVA, we can install any transformer to suit)
- 4″ (102mm) bore air cylinder, generating 1200lbsf @ 100PSI (534daN @ 7bar)
- CNC machined, 99.99% pure copper support for the upper and lower ø2-1/2” diameter arms
- 5RW standard 1-1/4″ diameter ejector-style electrode holders
- The lower knee design has about 10” of vertical adjustment, allowing the deepest of parts to fit within the throat of the machine
- New in 2017, the whole upper ram attaches to the frame on t-slots, greatly increasing the adjustability and overall rigidity of the frame
- Robust frame design
- Adjustable lower arm can swivel left & right, for even the most unusual tooling design
- Fully adjustable knee support allows greater rigidity for heavier gages of metal, but can be easily removed for welding tubes, tanks, pipes, HVAC ducts
- Robust roller bearing pillow blocks
- Fully rebuildable
- Precision air system
- Exclusive use of copper core, water cooled transformers
- All copper is a minimum 99.9% pure, or RWMA class
- Designed and build in the USA